Friday, August 17, 2012

Homeward bound

We left Cavindish National Park about 9 AM on Thursday and soon drove across the Confederation Bridge--8 miles.  YIKES, I don't like bridges a lot.  Not long after that it began to rain and rained all day.  Sometimes it was very heavy and made me uncomfortable.  I'm so glad Royce let me renege from my offer to drive as I would not have been comfortable at all. 
When we entered the US the immigration officer had lots to say and inquire about our Aliner camper.  I'm not sure the folks behind us in line appreciated his friendliness, but it was the nicest 'interrigation' we have ever had at a border.
By supper time we had both agreed that setting up the camper was not what we desired, so we ate at an Applebees and located a motel for the night.  Nice for a change.  It must be that modern conveniences improve Royce's Scrabble skills as he beat me handily.  Of course, it didn't hurt that he got the J, Q, Z, V, F,....need I go on?   My tile rack consistently had duplicates of single point letters often with one vowel at a time.  Sour grapes?  You bet!  Really, I just love playing the game and even though I prefer to win, I still enjoy the activity whether I win or not.
At this rate, we may return home earlier than planned, which will be nice since we'll have to be on the road again for Labor Day weekend to our place in MI.  Truly no grass is going to grow under our feet.
Well, Royce is packed and ready to get on the road so I'll close for now.  I probably will continue to send some posts of things we did on the trip even after we get home so stay tuned.
Eager to be in familiar places with people I love.
Jackie

1 comment:

  1. I don't like bridges that well either! The short ones over the Mississippi and such are fun but this bridge we went over

    http://timandstephanietaylor.blogspot.com/2011/01/steph-katies-excellent-adventure_23.html

    on our way to New Orleans was almost too much for me.

    ReplyDelete